10 Sure Tips to Prepare for JAMB and Score Very High
It becomes very increasingly pertinent for you to use our 10 sure tips to prepare for JAMB as the main UTME Examination is set to commence in the following weeks.
This article of 10 sure tips to prepare for JAMB and score very high has been written way back and has been a constant help to candidates who are writing the annual examination.
In case you don’t know, Statistics of this year could be a little higher because, apart from people who are rewriting jamb again, there are also numerous fresh people who wants to experience JAMB.
See This===>>> JAMB brochure for all Courses and Institutions
In this article, I have listed 10 Sure Tips to Help you Prepare for this Year JAMB examination and if you follow it judiciously as I table it, you would have a very high score definitely.
These are the 10 Sure Tips to Help You Prepare for JAMB and Score Very High
1. Start your Reading/Revision NOW.
YEAH! The first sure tips to prepare for JAMB is to Start reading now. Never feel like “oh! is it not too early to start reading?”
Don’t wait till JAMB exam seems very near before you start running for your books. The best time to make preparations is now. I don’t mean tomorrow, I mean today, like right NOW.
Beware of the evil of procrastination. Dont subscribe to it because if you do, you will keep postponing, saying, you will do this, you will do that and, you might end up not doing it. That’s the cogent reason why you should START READING NOW!
If you start your reading now you’re closer to raking your 350 in JAMB.
See This===>>> Easy Steps to Reprint 2019 JAMB Exam Slip.
2. Create Your Personal Reading Time Table and Follow It Strictly.
Yeah! The next step to you getting that high mark in JAMB is to create your personal reading time table and follow it duly, diligently and strictly.
Remember, never take it for granted. You have a mission and you must remain focus and discipline if you want to achieve your goal.
With these few days remaining, create your dime minute timetable and commence your rigorous reading, trust me, it will work out fine for you in the long run.
3. Know Your Weakness or Weaknesses And Work On Them.
See This===>>> List Of Universities That Accept 160 In JAMB
It is no fallacy that no-one is perfect but our father in Heaven. Knowing your weakness or weaknesses and working on it helps to build and transform you to be a better candidate with promising prospects.
Your weakness could be anything. It could be a particular subject, not being able to keep to time, fear, anxiety or as it may be.
Take time to work on your weakness and spend more time on them. If it’s a particular subject like physics or literature, spend more time on the subject and change your mentality towards it. Develop amazing interest in it and you would find it easy.
4. While Working On Your Weakness, Never Forget Your Strength
See This===>>> List of Nigerian Universities that Only Accept Only Accept First Choice Candidates.
Of course I said you should spend more time on your weakness but at the same time you should not leave your strength hanging.
Spending more time with physics, mathematics or literature should not sweep away all your concentration from other subjects.
Remember that no course is little or too simple. The subjects you know better or love should be the one to give you an edge over other subjects and you shouldn’t take them for granted.
Develop yourself more and more on them even as you focus on your weaknesses.
5. Make Use Of The Syllabus
See This===>>> Accredited Nigeria Universities, Courses Offered & Requirements for Admission [Latest]
Yeah, I did tell you to make use of syllabus. Please o, I didn’t say you should study the whole syllabus o but you should read along with the syllabus.
Knowing the syllabus of a subject opens the door of knowledge of where questions would be set from to you.
6. Don’t Dump The Recommended Textbooks.
During registration, you would be given recommended literary texts to read for USE OF ENGLISH.
Make sure you read these texts well because unavoidable questions would be set form there.
If you study these texts well and if just 10 questions are asked from it, you should be able to score at least 9 even 10 is not impossible.
As far as you study and understand the texts, you would have no problem. And in fact, they are always interesting.
Last Days at Forcados for example is very interesting.. I can’t even remember how many times I read that book….
7. Treat Past Questions EVERY DAY.
Make sure you get JAMB past questions for all your chosen 4 subjects. You can always get them at the bookshop.
In case you don’t know, let me tell you; JAMB doesn’t have time to start setting new questions all over. They always repeat past questions and if you have been a diligent regular customer on past questions, you would realize that part of what you’ve once solved might peep out.
I remember last two years when I was writing mine, there was this particular page on word register in Use of English… I’ve treated it before in the past question and it all came out the same way it was in the USE OF ENGLISH test. I was very glad… Trust me I nailed the mother****er
8. Attend Tutorials.
Sometimes you might have a lot of problems to solve. Going to tutorials will help you with all these.
So, if you have the dough, attending tutorial is a very nice step. You don’t have to go to the expensive ones, there are always cheap ones around who are also doing well.
And if you know you’re not taught well in a tutorial you’re attending, pack your things and leave.
9. Endeavour To Do Early Morning Reading.
Doing early morning reading is a very thoughtful and useful idea.
Waking up to read early in the morning is very good because your mind would be fresh and it will be very easy and quick to assimilate.
You can start with waking up around 4 or 5 a.m and read for like two hours or any convenient hour.
It’s advisable that you read for at least 2 hours when you wake up in the morning.
You could also read in the middle of the night too. If you’re the type that wake around 2 a.m or 3 a.m ; it’s perfect opportunity to take your book again.
Remember you’re competing with thousands of other people so, you must really take this like a WAR if you really desire to pass in flying colors.
However, if you’re not the type that do morning reading or probably your body system doesn’t subscribe to it, no problem then.
10. Never be Shy to Ask Questions
As a Jambite who wants to write jamb for the first time, there would be a lot of questions in your mind to ask.
Make sure you look for people who you know can provide answers to your questions and never be shy to ask them.
Asking questions is never a bad omen or a too forward approach; asking questions is a very good idiosyncrasy.
I hope you won’t take these sure tips to prepare for JAMB for granted because they’ve been tested over time and worked.
Do well to make good use of these sure tips.
I have also written an article on
why most candidates fail to gain admission into higher institutions. Many people don’t know the great little mistakes they are committing and it’s huge consequences. CLICK HERE to read the full article.
If you are writing JAMB very soon, I recommend you to also read this Tips to Help you During your UTME Examination and Important Things you Must Note!
I wish you all good luck as you make good use of this ten tips to prepare for JAMB and Score Very High. All the very best.
~ Written By Jemiluyi Omotayo
Hey there 👋. Before you leave, we feel you might like to check out some of these articles;
- JAMB Score Upgrade: Is it Truly Possible? All You Need to Know About it
- 7 Most Demanding Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities.
- 10 Sure Tips To Prepare For JAMB And Score Very High
- 6 Tips to Help you During your UTME Examination and Important Things you Must Note!
- Beware! These 5 Reasons May Hinder You From Gaining Admission This Year
- Complete List of Universities that Accept 180 in JAMB.
- List Of Universities That Accept 160 In JAMB
- List of Nigerian Universities that Only Accept Only Accept First Choice Candidates.
- List Of Nigerian State & Federal Universities That Accept Second Choice Candidates
- Schools that Accept Two Sittings at O’level; Combination of Results.
- Schools that don’t Accept Two Sittings for O’level Combination.
- JAMB 10 Most Competitive Courses For Admission into Nigeria Institutions
- JAMB 10 Least Competitive Courses For Admission
- List of Universities & Courses That Accept Pass In Mathematics
- Universities That Accept Pass (D7/E8) In English Language For Some Courses.
- JAMB Correct Subject Combination For All Science Courses
- Complete List of Art Courses You Can Study Without Literature in English in JAMB or WAEC.
- List of Courses You Can Study Without Physics in JAMB or Pass (D7, E8) in WAEC.
- List of Courses You Can Study Without Chemistry in JAMB or Pass (D7, E8) in WAEC.
- Complete List of Art Courses You can Study in Nigeria.
- Complete List of Commercial Courses You can Study in Nigeria.
- Complete List of Science Courses You can Study in Nigeria.
- Complete List of Engineering Courses You can Study as a Science Student in Nigeria.
- Updated List of NUC Approved Universities in Nigeria [Private, State & Federal]
- Complete List of Private, State & Federal Universities that Offer Law in Nigeria & the Top Universities to Study Law.
- Complete List of Private, State & Federal Universities that Offer Medicine & Surgery in Nigeria & the Top Universities to Study Medicine & Surgery.
- Informative:- 10 Jobs You Can Do With a B.sc in Chemistry/Prospects of Being a Chemist
- JAMB Change of Course & Institution | How to Apply
- 5 Pros & Cons of Taking Change Of Course/Institution
- Easy Steps to Reprint Your JAMB Exam Slip.
If you’re looking for your school of choice Whatsapp Group Chat for this year, you’ve just find them! Just click on this link here
Don’t Forget to Share this Article With Others on the Available Various Platforms if You Find This Information Quite Useful ☺ ☺.