Informative:- 10 Jobs You Can Do With a B.sc in Chemistry/Prospects of Being a Chemist
The prospects of being a chemist is quote vast but still, many seems to be unconscious of how lucrative chemistry as a course is. Chemistry, actually has good and promising prospects.
Chemistry is studied virtually in all tertiary institutions in Nigeria and it is usually a 4 year programme.
Whereas, it shields itself under a professional umbrella called “Chemical Society of Nigeria”. It also has students’ association; “Students Chemical Society of Nigeria.”
Chemistry is one of the vital courses in the field of science. It is very useful and indispensable.
See This:- If You’re Looking For Whatsapp Aspirants Group Chat For Your School of Choice, Click Here
Most chemistry students always give report of how interesting and captivating the course is, but, they still relate how difficult it could be sometimes.
Nevertheless, here are 10 Jobs You Can Do With A B.sc In Chemistry.
Pharmacologists shoulder the development and testing of drugs which includes analysing how they interact with biological systems. Pharmacologists are very essential because they ensure ghat drugs are effective and they are safe to be taken by humans.
2. Chemical engineer;
Chemical engineers are those who are into designing and developing new products from raw materials. These engineers use their knowledge of chemical properties and reactions to change the nature of materials from one form to another.
3. Geo chemist;
IMPORTANT:- These 5 Reasons May Hinder You From Gaining Admission into Nigeria Institutions Even if You Have a Very High Score in JAMB
Just with the word “GEO”, you would get an idea that it is relating to Geology. Geochemists are into the study of physical and chemical properties of the Earth, particularly rocks and minerals.
4. Material scientist;
Materials scientists study man-made and natural substances to determine their properties, composition and how they could be transformed or combined to increase effectiveness or create new materials.
5. Analytical chemist;
Analytical chemists use their skills and expertise to analyse substances, identify what components are present and in what quantities, as well how these components may behave and react with one another.
This can include the analysis of drugs, food and other products to determine effectiveness, quality and to ensure they are safe for human consumption or use
You Should See This:- JAMB Probable Cut off Mark for All State & Federal Universities 2018/2019 Session.
6. Hazardous waste chemist;
In this field, the chemists use their skill to ascertain harmful chemical components in the soil, water or air, assess the possible danger it contains and coordinate their removal and containment.
Toxicologists study the effects of drugs on biological systems but also look at the effects of other substances, both man-made and natural.
8. Water chemist;
Water chemists, as the name suggests, are concerned with analysing and maintaining the quality and condition of water, essential for human life on Earth. Most of the countries in Africa lack good ,clean and drinkable water they therefore needs a water chemist.
9. Chemistry teacher;
Chemistry teachers work in schools passing on their knowledge of chemistry to the next generation, following a set curriculum and helping their students to pass and excel in their school examinations.
10. Self employed;
Yes, you can be self employed by doing things like soap making, cream making, oil manufacturing e.t.c these are businesses that you can start with a little amount and then resulting into something large
Now that you’ve understood the prospects of being a chemist, let nothing hold you back from pursuing your dream as a prospective, certified chemist!
If you have any questions regarding this article, drop them in the comment box below and don’t forget to share this article.
Hey there 👋. Before you leave, we feel you might like to check out some of these articles;
- JAMB Score Upgrade: Is it Truly Possible? All You Need to Know About it
- 7 Most Demanding Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities.
- 10 Sure Tips To Prepare For JAMB And Score Very High
- 6 Tips to Help you During your UTME Examination and Important Things you Must Note!
- Beware! These 5 Reasons May Hinder You From Gaining Admission This Year
- Complete List of Universities that Accept 180 in JAMB.
- List Of Universities That Accept 160 In JAMB
- List of Nigerian Universities that Only Accept Only Accept First Choice Candidates.
- List Of Nigerian State & Federal Universities That Accept Second Choice Candidates
- Schools that Accept Two Sittings at O’level; Combination of Results.
- Schools that don’t Accept Two Sittings for O’level Combination.
- JAMB 10 Most Competitive Courses For Admission into Nigeria Institutions
- JAMB 10 Least Competitive Courses For Admission
- List of Universities & Courses That Accept Pass In Mathematics
- Universities That Accept Pass (D7/E8) In English Language For Some Courses.
- JAMB Correct Subject Combination For All Science Courses
- Complete List of Art Courses You Can Study Without Literature in English in JAMB or WAEC.
- List of Courses You Can Study Without Physics in JAMB or Pass (D7, E8) in WAEC.
- List of Courses You Can Study Without Chemistry in JAMB or Pass (D7, E8) in WAEC.
- Complete List of Art Courses You can Study in Nigeria.
- Complete List of Commercial Courses You can Study in Nigeria.
- Complete List of Science Courses You can Study in Nigeria.
- Complete List of Engineering Courses You can Study as a Science Student in Nigeria.
- Updated List of NUC Approved Universities in Nigeria [Private, State & Federal]
- Complete List of Private, State & Federal Universities that Offer Law in Nigeria & the Top Universities to Study Law.
- Complete List of Private, State & Federal Universities that Offer Medicine & Surgery in Nigeria & the Top Universities to Study Medicine & Surgery.
- Informative:- 10 Jobs You Can Do With a B.sc in Chemistry/Prospects of Being a Chemist
- JAMB Change of Course & Institution | How to Apply
- 5 Pros & Cons of Taking Change Of Course/Institution
- Easy Steps to Reprint Your JAMB Exam Slip.